Thursday, November 13, 2008

Youth Encounter 19

I attended the Youth Encounter 19 last October 24-26 at the BLD covenant house. And since it was a life changing experience for me, I'm going to blog about it.

I was supposed to attend the Youth Encounter(YE) last year with my sister and my FE mates but due to inevitable events, I wasn't able to attend. I thank the Lord for his plan and made me experience the YE this year.

A lot happened to me during the first quarter of this year. January was the month were the Lord called me back into his arms and gave me a position in our ministry.The impact of the first prayer meeting of the year on me was really a call from God, calling me to be back and asks me to serve him. Ever since that day, I never missed a prayer meeting on purpose. But as your faith goes deeper and deeper trials come.

April 2008, The month that changed my life. Before serving for the YLSS and the FE weekend, Something happened. I was on the peak of serving when this happened. I was really down and do not know what to do. Nevertheless I continued to serve the Lord and prays to get my life on track.

June 2008, Back to School. It was the normal back to school for the normal students but for me it was the start of the BUMNESS. Everybody was ahead of me. I stayed at home, lying on my bed, watching TV and other stuff to keep me entertained while my friends are in school leaving me a step behind. It was in that month were I first felt that I'm a failure. Confidence level down. I was acting strong and pretends to be in control but in reality my life was in shambles. My life was in its lowest point. Depression Stage.

July 2008, The Responsibility Month. My parents left for Canada. They had a vacation and left all the responsibilities to us. I handled our business and was in control of everything. My parents were proud of me because I handled the business very well. But for me it was a mean to redeem myself. A way to prove that I am still the old Marvin they knew. That I am still the same old Marvin who can handle responsibilities and was always in control. But as it turns out. I was just making a fool of myself. Pretending that everything is alright. Later did i realize that i was on the Denial Stage.

August to September 2008, acceptance. When my parents came back. It was also the return of my BUMNESS. Lying on my bed all day, watching TV, eating, staying up late and everything that can entertain me; name it, I've done it. It was a daily routine for me. Sleeping by 4am and waking up past 12nn. Eat. Watch TV. Sleep again. Go out with Friends. DVD. Sleep. It was a cycle. I had a lot of time in my hands but all I did was to stay at home and be still. Then I started to realize that nothing will happen if I stayed motionless. Little by little I accepted the fact that I need to move on. So I did. Late September when I was helped out by my coach and gave me the opportunity to take the E Exam. Finally, My life was back on track. Doing things that can help me in the future. Acceptance Stage.

October 2008, God's Plan. With all the things that happened, who would have thought that I can survive? This was the month where my life is going back in line. Things were happening for the better. And the best thing since a long time was the YE. It was in that weekend where I finally surrendered everything to him. All those months of depression and denial gone in just 3 days. The Lord took it from me and gave me a new direction. It just proves that the Lord never leaves our side. He lets us experience pain so that we can learn a lesson from it. A lesson that can help us grow and mature. He helped me project things that can give me pain and helped me ease that pain in advance. He gave me new friends to confide with and new friend to share that wonderful experience. All of this just in 3 days. Galing no? This YE was really Gods plan, he made sure that I was busy last year so that I could not attend the YE and make it to this years YE.

Imagine, all those months of feeling whatsoever. Disappeared in 3 days. Only God can do that. And now I am confident that whatever obstacle I might encounter in the future, I will handle it with pride because God is always with me .:))

No comments: